The Digital Content team is seeking a Digital Content Writer/Producer to join their team. This person will think strategically and tactically about how brands can use online content and social media to promote their goals. Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Digital Content Writer/Producer is responsible for developing, writing, and implementing interesting and engaging content and ideas for client’s websites and social-media properties. He/she will work with colleagues as well as outside vendors to create innovative content and campaigns that support our brand’s initiatives and engage supporters.
- Conceive, write, and produce content and features for integrated digital campaigns for websites, and social networks – including web site copy, video concepts, info-graphics, etc.
- Develop strategies and innovative content to promote digital content and to grow social media and website audiences.
- Work with the digital team and colleagues from across the organization to develop strategies, content and digital tools to advance campaign goals.
- Understand and analyze the news and political environment and ensure that brands are keeping up with rapidly shifting online discussions, traditional media and cycles, while constantly looking for opportunities to engaging supporters.
- Ensure all digital advocacy and content meets campaign and organizational goals and adheres to brand guidelines.
- Measure, analyze and document the impact of web content across web channels.
- Maintain a weekly digital content calendar.
- Produce simple graphics for promotion on social media properties.
- Work with the Director, Digital Strategy to manage blogger outreach and engagement.
Qualifications for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing online content and strategy.
- 4 to 5 years of substantial online content experience.
- At least 2 years of online content development and execution.
- Advanced knowledge of social media, email marketing and the tools that accompany it.
- Advanced knowledge of online publishing and the use of digital technologies for communication, education and advocacy.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skill.
- Be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies.
Media Idee is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Media Idee is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and building a diverse team.